Patrick Michael McGraw
Lawyer Profile Information
License: Admitted to Bar in IA in 2000
Primary state of practice: VA 2004
Other states: IA 2000
Federal Court admissions:
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
Prior legal employment:
For 15 years (including practice at a legal clinic 1998-2000), I have represented many individuals seeking assistance in family disputes, divorce, separation agreements, child custody disputes, child support, alimony disputes and spousal support. I also handle and have handled numerous modifications, adoptions, terminations of parental rights, juvenile proceedings, children in need of services and mediations.
- I am a regular public speaker in the community for both civic and charitable functions.
- Drake University Law Review, 1998-2000
- Editor-in-Chief, Drake Legal Clinic Criminal Law Newsletter 1999-2000.
Honors and awards:
- Selected to America's Registry of Outstanding Professionals, 2005
- Graduated Drake University Law school with High Honors
- Honored by reciept of the United Way's Award for Excellence in Volunteer Work
- Recipient of the National Institute of Trial Advocacy's Award of Highest Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- Vice-President of the Drake University Student Bar Association
- Scholastic All-American, Football, William Penn University, 1996
- Academic All-Conference, Football, William Penn University, 1996
- Roanoke City Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Iowa Bar Association
- Delta Theta Pi Legal Fraternity
- Alpha Chi National Honor Society
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
I am a father with two children of my own, and I know first-hand how important family is, and how critical it is that all family-law situations be handled properly, and effectively.
Law school: Drake University, J.D., with high honors, 2000
Admitted: Drake University, J.D., with high honors, 2000
Des Moines, IA
University/College: William Penn College, B.A - Pre Law, with highest honors, 1997
Other education: Ricks College (BYU Idaho) - Pre Law, with High Honors
At McGraw Law, P.C., we compassionately help real families solve very real problems. We understand that to most people family is the single most important thing in their lives. We also understand, and take the approach to our practice, that despite the parties' inability to get along, the family does not have to be destroyed. We always remember that regardless of how many clients we represent, the individual client's family is the only one they have. Therefore, their case is always the most important, and we try hard to never lose sight of this reality. In all domestic and family law cases we protect and uphold our client's rights to the maximum extent allowable under the law, in order to obtain for them every single benefit and privilege to which they are entitled. At the same time we work hard to foster and encourage a healthy and nurturing family relationship as much as possible for all involved.
Of course, I hold the confidences of my clients in the absolute highest esteem, and therefore would never divulge the identity of any of my clients, without first obtaining their express permission. Numerous references are available, however, upon request.
My mission is to provide effective legal representation to all clients at all times; to obtain for them all rights and privileges to which they are entitled under the law to the maximum extent possible; to always maintain open and clear communication with the client on all issues pertaining to their case; and to always provide prompt, competent, and compassionate legal services.
- Child Abuse - Victim
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- Domestic Violence
- Enforcement of Decrees
- Family Law
- General Practice
- Military Family Issues
- Name Changes
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Restraining Orders
- Spousal Support or Alimony
- State Child Protection